Thursday, August 07, 2008

Pearl Bracelet

Does the pearl bracelet suggest innocence? It reminds of a young woman or girl, without being suggestive or the slightest bit provocative. It is not the same for a pearl necklace, where the beauty of the necklace draws attention to her neck, and pardon me for saying, and her bust. And that is not to say that the necklace is anymore suggestive, but it is in a way. And if you take that same pearl bracelet, slightly larger of course, and wear it on the ankle, the "suggestiveness needle" goes off the chart for me.

A somewhat different aura comes across when the bracelet is part of a pearl jewelry set, which suggests a certain amount of wealth. And the pearl earring, really is a very feminine statement, just a plain stud earring to me is so beautiful. A pair of white pearl earrings is such a subtle statement of beauty, just understated elegance.

Back to the pearl bracelet, it is also a statement of beauty, but carries a lightness, it is not saying, "Look at me I am so conscious of my feminine beauty." It is more of an innocence saying, "Does this necklace look pretty." I guess I mean it is not "self-conscious".

Many women wear the bracelet without any other jewelry; it is fine by itself, or with matching earrings and necklace. Some pearl bracelets in genuine freshwater pearls come in peach, lavender, multicolor and black. There is also a double and triple strand version of the regular single strand.

By Patrick Cavanaugh

No comments: